Never Ending Wars
There is a principle in science that states one cannot put a stop to something ... that never started.
Read the attached source article on the war on terror. https://www.businessinsider.com/the-war-on-terror-is-designed-to-never-end-2013-1
There are many people worldwide that believe the entire war on terror is, and was, a staged event(s) ! Here are some of the reasons proposed for these beliefs ...
1. People in the military want to keep their jobs.
2. Military contractors can't stay in business if there are no wars and they can't sell product. And they can't keep people employed either.
3. Employment in the field of war technologies is growing in direct proportion to the perceived threats.
4. World (and even local) economies have been rescued by wars many times in the past (and today is no different)
5. If your goal is to control popular opinion, a common threat is a great way to garner support.
6. It is a well known fact that people can be frightened into giving up their human rights in exchange for what they perceive as safety. This never actually produces more safety ... just more and bigger government ... and, in turn, more perceives threats.
7. World leaders use security threats as a way to increase their power.
8. Newer war technologies create a need for newer preventative measures ... which in turn creates a need for still newer war machines and newer preventative measures ... ad infinitum!
9 The worlds money mongers finance both sides of any conflict (why lose out on an opportunity to make money). I know what you're thinking. Why would anyone want to finance the losing side in any war? Think about it! Doesn't the losing side need to be rebuilt? Who do you think finances that?
So ... who needs war, you might ask?
Answer: That thing you call a government needs war.
How does one define government? Government is a disease posing as its own cure.
Simply put, we have given up too much power to our government. And in doing so, they have found that frightening us with unseen and unidentifiable enemies works toward increasing their power. A perfect example of this was given to us during "The Cold War". Does anyone really think the Russian people ... or the American people ... wanted to blow up the whole planet just to prove whose form of government was better. It was never the people ... it was the governments and their power mongering representatives that brought is to the brink of destruction. Again ... it was never the people.
Now go back and read the article in that link again. Especially where it states ...
The polices adopted by the Obama administration just over the last couple of years leave no doubt that they are accelerating, not winding down, the war apparatus that has been relentlessly strengthened over the last decade. In the name of the War on Terror, the current president has diluted decades-old Miranda warnings; codified a new scheme of indefinite detention on US soil; plotted to relocate Guantanamo to Illinois; increased secrecy, repression and release-restrictions at the camp; minted a new theory of presidential assassination powers even for US citizens; renewed the Bush/Cheney warrantless eavesdropping framework for another five years, as well as the Patriot Act, without a single reform; and just signed into law all new restrictions on the release of indefinitely held detainees.
Read more: https://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jan/04/war-on-terror-endless-johnson#ixzz2H1tjNbzP
So who are the real prisoners? Is it the people behind bars (who know they have been bad little citizens) ... or is it the people who believe themselves to be free but are held captive under an oppressive system of ever-increasing threats and ever-increasing limits to their constitutional, and God given, freedoms?